RE: Remasters

>I know there
> are some who feel ONLY LAL was done right.

Oh don't get Luke Pacholski started. I sometimes think he thinks that one
was the worst of all.

Chiming in with my two-bit opinion, I feel the same way I about the
remasters that I did after about four had been released. Thank heaven they
did it (for the tracks we hadn't heard before) but thank heaven I don't have
to rely on them (for some of the ones we had heard before).

My problem with the mistakes in the remastering program (and they're are
certainly some mistakes) is the feeling that they wouldn't have been allowed
if it had been a Miles Davis album or Herbert von Karajan with the Berlin
Philharmonic. But it's just stupid rock music by some stupid rock band so
who cares if they do a good job.

The Who's music is very important (and am I preaching to the choir or what?)
and deserves to be treated with the utmost care and respect. Anything less
than that is a sacrilege.

        -Brian in Atlanta
         The Who This Month!
        http://members.home.net/cadyb/who.htm