Re: Remasters

> If you ever do, check out Frankie Randall's cover on Rhino's "Golden
> Throats" album. He sings ICSFM in a perfect, if unintended, parody of The
> Chairman: "I can see for miles? I can't see nothin', baby!"

Brain:

I'll keep my eyes open. Thanks.

> I've been told from semi-official sources that that is actually unlikely
no
> matter what ICE magazine says. We'll probably hear a new studio Who album
> before we see an official release of Tommy from Leeds.

Well, YOU'RE a ray of sunshine.

> Okay, I'll have to admit that does sound hilarious.  I'm not much of a
> traditional Broadway fan, myself, and it's very possible I wouldn't go.

Keets:

To me, it's just a bastardization of the music.

> The result remains to be seen, but whatever, I support Pete/TED's efforts
> think outside the typical rock music box.  There's just not much room for
> creativity in there.

I have no problem with them going into new areas, but not with old
music...changing the old stuff instead of coming up with new material.
Rather decadent, and not the kind of decadence I enjoy...

> Honestly, most WHO fans don't give a monkey's which "version" they're
> listening to.

Scott:

I have to disagree with you here. I think it matters a great deal.

> And, no, a stereo CD release of AQO would *not* make the throngs stand
> up & shout, "Oh my God!  This is so much better than what we've been
listen-
> ing to all these years!"

No, but that's one of their two worst albums. Tommy got that reaction when
it was remixed.

> poker game:  "You take it or leave it, my friend.  TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT!"

That's "My son."

> Nah, I really couldn't care less--I just get bored with the 'hooray for
> everything' attitude many fans have.

Jon:

I'm with you there...I definitely don't think everything is great, but there
is a bit of the other side out there too...nothing is right. I know there
are some who feel ONLY LAL was done right.

> Honestly, it gets to be a bit like dealing with Trekkies sometimes.

That knife cuts both ways.

> Me too. I'm disappointed with both the chain stores and independent

Jim:

Well, you and Scott and any Who fan are always welcome at my stores. You
don't have to buy CDs, we can just watch Who video or listen to bootlegs.

> detox before you have a heart attack.  Actually, listening to Crackhead
Bob
> on the Howard Stern show might do the trick....

"Ro DACK Doh! Donn Do Dack!"

> p.s. I like to dream to :)

Dave:

Don't dream it, be it.

> Does anyone else know anything more about this?  Please, please, someone
> tell me that Ringo hasn't tried to sing "Boris"!

MB:

I don't KNOW it's by him, but I believe Entwistle was on one of the early
Ringo tours.

"Neither in French nor in English nor in Mexican."
     George "InterAtlantical" Bush

               Cheers                 ML