RE: Remasters

>My problem with the mistakes in the remastering program (and they're are
>certainly some mistakes) is the feeling that they wouldn't have been
>allowed if it had been a Miles Davis album or Herbert von Karajan with the
>Berlin Philharmonic. But it's just stupid rock music by some stupid rock
>band so who cares if they do a good job.
>
>The Who's music is very important (and am I preaching to the choir or
>what?) and deserves to be treated with the utmost care and respect.
>Anything less than that is a sacrilege.

I'll make my comment again about how closely held the Who business is.  It
seems that Pete/TED would always rather work with a fairly small group of
people that they know and trust, rather than with new people (and possible
experts) that they don't know.

It seems that Pete wants his brother-in-law to handle the remaster program,
and that's that.  We don't know Pete's reasons for this; he's aware of the
grousing and continues to forge ahead, so everyone might as well shut up.

Part of the problem here may be letting The Who handle their own remaster
program.  They tend to be more interested in performance rather than
preservation.  Plus, they've all got awful hearing.

keets