RE: Ridin' waves!

Hey All!
Well, I've jumped across the country to the West Coast.  San Fran to be
exact.  No set lists taped to my door, but I can sure empathize with Pete
about getting lonely in a Hotel room.
Thanks all for keeping me company!
BTW, this laptop "mouse" sucks!  Or is that just me? ;-)

>From: Jeff House <jjthandmeh@juno.com>
>Subject: DeadMilkmen CrackTheSky RootBoySlim&TheSexchangeBand.>
>The Milkmen (or DM) to their fans are still together and don't look too
>strung out.  Maybe we should give them a call.
>http://www.deadmilkmen.com/

Got to love computers!

>From: "Mark R. Leaman" <mleaman@sccoast.net>
>Subject: A long and tedious discussion about New Wave with a joke at the
>end to lighten the mood

> with the newer bands (with the four likely
>lads from Liverpool at the helm) pretty much recycling this style of music.
>AND THEN CAME THE WHO, STOMPING ON THE TUNDRA LIKE MASTADONS.
>(I've always wanted to say that)

Great description!

>New Wave is a subgenre of Rock, you see. As far as I can tell, it owes more
>to David Bowie (and before him Mark Bolin/T. Rex) than to The Who or anyone
>else.

Oooo, good point.
T-Rex. Peanut Butter anyone??  ;-)

>I haven't heard any who have really done anything that hadn't
>been done before. Rock is dead, I say (and have said before).

I was with you until this point.  I have to give the "grunge" phase it's due
respect.  Here was a rock "movement" (don't say it;).  A social rebellion
voiced through music.  Exactly what Rock is all about. OK, so the music may
not have been "different", but the whole mood was.
What was that rebellion about?  Oh yeah, high unemployment, crappy economy,
homeless everywhere.  Under who's administration was that again?? ;-)
So, both major Rock movements have been under Republican administrations.
Hmmmmmmmmm.  :-)

>The Who never were much of a RnR band. Long Live Rock and the MG Blues are
>about it, and MG Blues is really just Memphis Tennessee with MG lyrics.

I've often thought that too, but would have to add Young Man Blues (ok, a
cover) and NE.  Well, basically LAL gave us the last sample of "RnR", with a
few exceptions I'm sure.

Kevin in VT, Whoops...........I mean CA!