RE: Hello! Get the f. out of Comedy Quad's way !

>From: "L. Bird" <pkeets@hotmail.com>
>Subject: RE: Quad comedy & Schrade in VT

>I don't think you could separate Glitter from the parody--that teased hair
>and the big belly hanging out from under his leather jacket was just too
>much the picture of the swaggering, greasy rocker.  I thought Idol was
>over-the-top, too, what with all that arrogant posturing and snarling and
so
>on--a good match for Glitter.  Both these images just empahsized how stupid

>the gang wars were.  Like I said, I don't know anything about Glitter, but
>this did seem very natural for him--and the same for Idol.  I think they
>might have been chosen somewhat for their personalities.

>They were setting up the characters so you can see how stupid the whole
gang
>war thing is.  Ace Face is exposed as the BellBoy, but you had to have
>somebody visual (GG) to show how worthless the Godfather is.  This same
>style wouldn't have worked for the movie, but for a stage presentation, I
>thought it was terrific.  Dramatic comedy is the number one, best winner as

>far as ratings go, and I think they achieved it very well.  Because Roger
>sang his part straight, none of the humor detracted.

Wait. What's that?  The light?  The light?  I think I can see the light!!!

Thank you Keets (really).  I hadn't stepped away from how serious this album
has always been to me and my life, to appreciate the thought that TED put
into presenting it this go around.  I can see where your coming from, and
can't argue with it.

>I'll bet RD and Billy Idol got into it.  I think Idol really is arrogant
and
>Roger would set him off right away.

My thinking as well.

>There were a couple of comments
>afterward, too.

Oooo, tell me more.  What comments?

>>but by no means was the show or production dependant on
>>those two characters, especially GG.

>I'll agree with that.
>keets

Kids, let this stand as an example to other lists on how Who fans should get
along. ;-)
Really though, this strife seen on other lists, and the calling of other
lists "infantile" and calling people names and the such, just buggs the shit
out of me.
If I were an artist, I'd hate to see my fans treat each other that way.  I'd
want unity.  I'd want kindness.
I really just don't get it.  Really.
Oh well, sorry for the quick rant.
It just buggs me.

Schrade wrote:
>>Pete might make silly comments when
>>introducing a song but, once they start, get the fuck out of the way!

>Love that.
>keets

"Love that" *BIG* time!  It's funny, but I just realize that *that's* kind
of how my personality is.  Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.  The influence of The Who
really *doesn't* have any boundaries.
Or, is that the chicken before the egg?

>From: Shanna Smith <prophet85@yahoo.com>
>Anyway, just wanted to say hi, and a special
>hello to Keets and Jester.
>Shanna

Hey!  Why do these two goofs get a special hello and not the rest of us??
Gee whiz.

>I was going for kind of a "Little Billy" thing there.  Another example of
the
>limitations of e-mail communication.
>
>- - SCHRADE in Akron

I got it!  I got it!! :-)