Rock is dead, I say

>But then Paul had probably been around a little more than Linda, being a
>Beatle and all.

Keets:

Yeah, but Keith Moon. Think about it.

>What?  You're saying rock SHOULD be exclusively for young men?

No, sorry, I was replying to "What do you think about Hip Hop" and I was
saying "I hope it's a young man's game," because then as they get older
they'll abandon it and it will finally go away. My miscommunication.

> My point was
>that it's kind of passe these days among the younger set.

Not just the younger set; The Smashing Pumpkins (who are breaking up after
this tour) is the last band that excited me, and the last two albums pretty
much killed that. Rock music should have been over at least 20 years ago.
Rock is dead indeed. It's just not buried yet.

> [O'Neal, Kevin W.]  I think we need to remember that rock is still
>in it's infancy, really.

Kevin:

I hardly think so. Everything that can be done with it has at this point,
and it's been recycling for the last 20 years.

>I hadn't heard that one but I believe that Linda's main squeeze prior to
>Paul was Chris Stamp, Who manager.  That's how she ended up taking the
>photos of the 1968 Fillmore East gig.  Pete and Linda were also good
>friends prior to Paul although I have no idea if they were more than
>that.

Brian:

I don't recall where I got that tidbit, but I've seen it in places for
years. I'll try to find it.

>I have this also.  I thought this "radio show" was just some poor
>quality BBC session outtakes with audience noise added.

Scott:

If so, it's been totally ignored as a BBC session all these years.

                     Cheers                             ML