Re: Rock is dead, I say

> >But then Paul had probably been around a little more than Linda, being a
>Beatle and all.

>Yeah, but Keith Moon. Think about it.

What, do you think it was contagious?  ;)

> > My point was that it's kind of passe these days among the younger set.
>
>Not just the younger set; The Smashing Pumpkins (who are breaking up after
>this tour) is the last band that excited me, and the last two albums pretty
>much killed that. Rock music should have been over at least 20 years ago.
>Rock is dead indeed. It's just not buried yet.

I don't know if anybody else was planning to add to the retirement comment
(another rehash), but actually I think Pete Townshend retired from the rock
music business (finally and completely) in the late seventies.  Notice he
says he has no interest in writing rock songs.  Listen to the music on his
solo albums after CHINESE EYES and you notice that it's not rock music.  You
can still get rock from JAE, but it's not likely from Roger, either.

keets