Tix and the price of touring

Reading all the posts on all the lists about what it costs for a show or
two, I just have to say something.

I am fortunate in the respect that I do not have many financial obligations
(ie kids, mortgage or rent etc).  But I do have my share of bills.

Since September of last year, I have been working 2 jobs to afford to see
the HOB, SBE and Sadlers Wells shows.  It has cost about $4000.  I missed a
show, back in March of 1976, at the Garden in NY.  I was only 14 years old,
I had no money, no car, nothing.  I sat at a friends house the night of the
show and talked about how I felt missing that show- all night.

It was one of the worst feelings in the world.  I lived it again a few weeks
ago when I was unable to attend Storytellers.  It still sucks.  I will avoid
it at great cost.

Working 70 hours a week is exhausting at times.  I don't get to do many fun
things.  I am always behind on my housework/laundry etc.  I don't see my
husband all that much.  I hardly ever see my friends.  It makes me
appreciate them all the more when I do get time to spend with them.
Everyone in my life is supportive of my ambition to make enough money to see
the guys, wherever they play.  When I am at the shows, I enjoy it all the
more because I know I have worked to get there.  The band knows it too.  I
have always beleived that time is our most precious commodity.  That I am
spending my time working to finance attending shows says it all.  There is
nothing else in my life that I would do this for.  Money is just a means to
an end, folks.  When we leave here, we only take what enriched our souls
while we were here.  The car doesn't go, the house, the clothes, all of it
is essentially meaningless.  What matters is who we love and how we treat
other people, that is it.

If you can afford to go, even if it is the $30 seats, I am glad you will
consider attending.  If you can't afford anything, and cannot attend, I am
so sorry.  I know how you feel.  It really sucks.

My only sadness about this tour is that Keith is not here to see it.  I
think he would be really amazed to see the change in the relationships and
attitudes within the band.  It is such a blessing that they have all had
their miraculous shift in percieving one another.

Sorry for the rant, but it seemed like time for a reality check
jacqueline