Submarines

Mark,

>I have yet to hear the new soundtrack release, but assume it also was
remixed. I will know before week's end, since I do know someone who got it,
and I will report in case some may just want the music. I can tell you this
much: it appears that all of the songs included in the movie (like Nowhere
Man and Love You To) are on the CD...presumably full length (unlike the
movie).<

This is correct.  They included everything except "A Day In The Life",
which I suppose was excluded either because of the brief excerpt in
the movie (when the sub goes underwater) or because they simply
forgot. <g>  "Think For Yourself" has a much briefer inclusion, but
that's on the "Songtrack"...silly name.  And yes, they're full-length.

>In regard to that, I'm most interested to see what they've done with
It's All Too Much, which included a line not on the LP version (or original
CD release) but was heavily edited. Will we get the full length version
PLUS
the extra line? We'll see.<

No, you won't get the extra verse.  The jerks didn't reedit it...don't
know if this was because Harrison vetoed the idea or for some
other reason.  Oh, well, at least you get "Only A Northern Song" in
its first true stereo mix.

As far as whether the remixes are better:  I don't believe so.  Unless
you own a really hi-fi stereo system (I'm talking about the CD now,
not the video or DVD), you can't even tell any sonic difference.  And in a
couple of cases they're actually worse.  For instance, they screwed
up McCartney's double-tracked vocal on the choruses of "Eleanor
Rigby"...he now sounds as if he's singing a duet with himself, which
was NOT the original intention.  There are some other things I shan't
go into here, but feel free to e-mail me if you want to know more.
But most folks don't care about picyune stuff like that, and it is a
great collection of the movie songs.

Keep bailing & praying for "Live at the Beeb"....

--Carolyn