RE: Bo and such.

> For those who recently suggested that 53-55 is getting up there, here's
> excerpts from our paper today about Bo Diddley:
>
> Diddley said he had no musical influences growing up.  "I don't like to
> copy
> anybody.  Everybody tries to do what I do, update it.  I don't have any
> idols I copied after."
	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]   Yeah, right.  My studies in Sociology tell me
differently.  Bo don't know.  I think Bo needs to sit down and think long
and hard about who the influences in his life are, musically and not.
Everyone has influences. Period. End of discussion.
	Sorry, this just comes across as a bit too arrogant for my tastes.
	And to say The who hasn't come up with their own thing!!!!????
	Ahhhhhh!!! Don't get me started!!!

> Touring at his age doesn't trouble him.  "Seventy ain't nothing but a damn
>
> number," he said.
	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]   Now your talkin' Bo!
	We're all entering (have entered) a new era.  One where our Rock
Legends are entering a more "mature phase" of life.  I remember as a kid in
the late 70's wondering how long my rock idols would keep on keepin' on.  I
for one am way psyched that they keep doing what comes naturally.  What the
hell else would they do??  I always feared that The who, or The Stones, or
whom ever would "out grow" rock.  I'm glad to learn it just doesn't work
that way.  Yeaaaaa!
	Further more, I'm very curious what will come out of the minds of
some of  our better writers as they grow older (yes John Lennon we miss
you).
	I for one need just as much guidance and reassurance as I did back
in "High"-School listening to Quad (well, ok... not quite that much)!
But......my point is, we need to as a society dispel this notion that
getting older equates with becoming useless.  It's just not so.  Let's also
not forget that being 70 today is not the same thing that being 70 was 50
years ago.  Hell, my pop is 79 and can still tear up a Cross-country ski
course.  If he could only learn to love The who.

> Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 11:14:45 PDT
> From: "SS" <schwartzsherridan@excite.com>
> Subject: Re: Ticket bitchin'
>
>   The Who are
> playing at two different venues in two different months and I can't get a
> ticket to either? This is like a bad dream.
	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  Someone pinch me and make me wake up!!!

>  I won't have to travel 1200 miles to sit on
> the inevitably wet grass (and choke from the other grass), [O'Neal, Kevin
> W.]  If you can't beat 'em.........
>
> If our boys don't add a few more year-end shows it's going to be a very
> un-merry holiday season for this Who fan. Bah Humbug!
> I might as well join the "begging and pleading" lines to ask Chicago-land
> fans to try to acquire extra tickets to sell, but if HOB does the 2-ticket
> maximum then it will be virtually impossible for even local fans to buy
> extras.
	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  I for one feel your pain.  I'm tellin'
ya.....something big is gonna happen, I can feel it.  Too much Who activity
going on for there not to be more shows.  The Who engine is just getting
warmed up (I'm holding onto hope).

	Stay in Tune,
	Kevin