Uneasy Steet

Listening to "The Best of Pete Townshend" yesterday, I was struck by how
awful "Uneasy Street" was for a "best of" collection.  It tarnished an
otherwise excellent cross-section of his solo career (and a little
who-related material as well with Pure and Easy). Certainly Pete had a
wealth of stronger material already released on his albums, and to think
that this is was "best of" what has not been released....ugh.

To see what Pete had meant by this song I went back to the liner notes to
refresh my memory and found a rather lengthy description of this song, its
meaning, its place in the Psychoderelict story, and why it ultimately was
cut out of the story and album.  I seem to recall Pete saying to the crowd
on the Psychoderelict video something about not reading too much into the
story, and taking it for what it is. Something to suggest that, "guys -
this isn't that heavy, blah, blah." But geez, reading Pete's explanation of
Uneasy Street, "sex...passion...seduction...self destruction...destroy
oneself...a mask underneath a mask that turns out to be Satan."

Pete's last comment was how it is heavy stuff. Indeed. Thats Pete...don't
take it seriously, take it seriously!

After examining all that; I'm glad he removed it from P-Derelict; it IS too
heavy for the story (which has a few too many sub-plots anyways); and if he
included in the "best of" collection to help us see deeper into his ideas
about the story, I wish it was a better song. I would of preferred
"Somebody saved me" over this song. Opinions?