Boxed set mania

>All of this was supposed to be on a multi-CD live Who collection that was
>have been released at the end of the remastering.  It was definitely to
have
>included a live Tommy, probably from Leeds, some of the 1971 San Francisco
>concert, etc.  Trinifold, or likely The Who, nixed it because of the poor
sales
>of the Live At The Isle Of Wight 1970 CD.

Brian:

Yeah, I remember. First it was going to be a multi-disc set (you might
remember my suggestion that it should be a five disc set, for which I
proposed a songlist), then it was reduced to a double disc half being LAL
TOMMY, then dropped completely.
I guess they didn't realize that the poor sound quality of that CD might
have put anyone (anyone but a true Who fan, that is) off a bit. Perhaps they
don't realize with a little creative marketing (I volunteer to write the ad
copy for nothing more than a copy of the set), they could definitely make it
marketable ("The greatest live material from the proclaimed greatest live
Rock band of all time."). Is it my imagination, or is Rhino able to do this
easily with much less of a product to sell (the Hot Rod boxed set, for
instance, for which the packaging is MUCH more interesting than the music)?
Speaking of which, I DO recommend Rhino's latest set: LOUD FAST AND OUT OF
CONTROL. It's all raunchy 50's RnR, with many songs of  interest to Who fans
like the original version of Summertime Blues and Shaking All Over. I'm
listening to it right now, and it's great.
Anyway...I guess they also don't realize that the material could still be
released as single discs, too, or via mail order and/or Internet. Better
yet, I feel quite sure that a different label, like Rhino for instance,
would be overjoyed at the chance to release this music, if given the
opportunity. There IS such a thing as licensing out. In this way, Trinifold
or whoever would risk NOTHING. And with the BBC set SUPPOSEDLY nearing
release, then when could there be a better time?

> You all now have my permission to
>stop reading on go smash your heads against the wall in frustration.

Thanks, but I'll refrain in order to keep my wits about me...so I can figure
a way around this. There MUST be a way to get it released! How many Who
lists are there now? How many individuals? If ALL of us petitioned the
people involved, then MAYBE...it couldn't hurt, in any case. Hey, if a few
hundred could keep Star Trek on the air, imagine what WE could do!