Origin of the ultimate Who song

Thanks to Pamela the Who Girl I acquired "The Link Wray Rumble" LP, on which
Boz Scaggs plays and the back cover for which Pete Townshend wrote a few
paragraphs on 20 March 1974.  The first paragraph is particularly important
in the context of Who history:

"In the early Summer of 1970, the WHO were recording at the New York Record
Plant for an album called 'Who's Next.'  You may know this story already if
you are a Link Wray fan, but one evening Link walked in to see us.  Keith
Moon promptly took off all his clothes.  He stayed naked until people
started to take notice, then when they became bored with his studio streak
he dressed as a wasp and buzzed around the studio.  This later inspired the
b-side 'Wasp Man,' a tune we hereby dedicate to Link Wray."

Rich