Re: Pete's Hearing

Brian Cady wrote:

> Pete says he doesn't play electric much because he literally enjoys it too
> much.  He loses himself in the volume and not only doesn't realize the damage he
> is doing to his ears and to his hand with windmills,

	Pete DOES still get wild once he starts going on that electric!

 but also comes offstage
> rarin' to party.

	Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!  Now THAT I can relate to!!  Personally
speaking, I play drums in a local, loud rock outfit, and when I get off
of them drums after pounding away for a couple of hours or longer, I'M
ready for quite a few cold ones!!!
	I can only try to imagine the immensity of Pete's situation when that
happens with the electric guitar thing, after having rocked away tens of
thousands of people!!

 The acoustic makes him play with more discipline and
> restraint.

	Makes sense.

> The plexiglass shields are to protect him from the drummer's cymbals which seem
> to really set off his tinnitus.

	Is that THE reason for plexiglass behind drums to begin with?  I've
always wondered about that, but havn't bothered to ask anybody.  I've
always meant to ask the guy at Guitar Center, or the recording engineer
that I use to make demos onto CDs, but keep forgetting to ask.

 When I saw The Who in 1997 'tho, Pete
> accidentally knocked it over and just let it lay there.

	Sounds like Pete!

										Joseph Manfredi