Re: Tommy in New York City

Alan, re:

>Let me recommend STOMP.  Blue Man Group, while very inventive, also seemed
>to have a mean edge to them that put me off a bit.

Hmmm.  I never thought of it in that way, but I guess you could say
that...I found them to just be distanced.  And it actually made it funnier
when they turned to look at the audience after something ridiculous had
happened.

>STOMP does phenomenal
>rhythm compositions, most with "found objects" ranging from matchbooks to
>kitchen sinks -- literally -- and infuses the whole show with whimsy, good
>humor, and occasionally awesome power.  I think it would appeal to a Who
>fan.  In fact, if you don't like it I'll refund your (just your) ticket
>price.

Wow, what a deal!!  Actually, I saw STOMP and found it brilliant.  However,
even though the matchbooks offered some different dynamics, I didn't find
enough dynamic variety and, as a result, I got a headache...

If you'd like to see an example of Stomp, there's an HBO special called
"Stomp Out Loud" which has a bunch of examples.  I believe it's available
in video stores...

Jay

 		   <hare@acsu.buffalo.edu>
           	http://www.acsu.buffalo.edu/~hare
           Wen yu fre fal, fynd iff heven waitz. - David Ives