Re: Tommy in New York City

At 13:53 -0800 1/13/1999, The Who Mailing List Digest wrote:
>Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 20:38:36 -0400
>From: Jason Hare <hare@acsu.buffalo.edu>
>
>To Brian Wright:
>If you're willing to go Off-Broadway, "Tubes" by Blue Man Group is a
>fantastic piece of performance art that really keeps the audience
>captivated.  It's truly fantastic and a lot of wild fun.  Let me describe
>it as such- if you sit in the first 5 or 6 rows, they give you a poncho to
>cover yourself with :-)

Let me recommend STOMP.  Blue Man Group, while very inventive, also seemed
to have a mean edge to them that put me off a bit.  STOMP does phenomenal
rhythm compositions, most with "found objects" ranging from matchbooks to
kitchen sinks -- literally -- and infuses the whole show with whimsy, good
humor, and occasionally awesome power.  I think it would appeal to a Who
fan.  In fact, if you don't like it I'll refund your (just your) ticket
price.

Alan
Be sure to read _McKendree: A Burning Novel of Murder and Revenge_
by Douglas Hirt, ISBN 0-8439-4184-7  (available at www.amazon.com)