A Hand And A Face And A Gold CD

> love How Many Friends and They're All in Love.  My only complaint is
> closing with In a Hand or a Face, which is a relatively weak song.

Bill:

It reminds me a LOT of the closing song for the US version of MG, Circles
(Instant Party). But I've grown to like IAHOAF a lot more as time has
passed. Squeeze Box, on the other hand...

> The
> material used to coat the CD only needs to be reflective to bounce the
> laser light back; it doesn't matter whether it's gold or something else.

I'd be remiss in my duties as the CD Messiah if I didn't correct you on
this. The silver CDs have a projected lifespan of 75 years, whereas the
golds are supposed to last 110. They are also supposed to lose less light
through them (which they say means you get better sound quality), and as
some of you might have noticed you can somewhat see through certain silver
discs if you hold them up to the light. Then again, I can see through my
gold disc of EMPTY GLASS too. Right through it like a two-way mirror.
And it's probably moot, since by the time 75 years have passed we'll have
gone through countless new storage mediums.