Re: Thomas, Drugs, & Starr Wars

> Sure.  I just think it's interesting how widely the interpretations can
vary.

Alan:

It seemed to me that, given there's more intensity to the "See me, feel me"
etc. in WNGTI and granting that he wouldn't be driven back into a
psychosomatic situation, he must have physically lost his abilities this
time...but found what was really important in doing so.

> Too dangerous to use, or to dangerous to be legal?

Legal. I think there are people who can use any non-physcially addictive
drug safely, but with drugs like coke there's too much potential for
damage. LSD would also go on the list, reluctantly, for the reason that
many would be unable to deal with the effects.

> I don't think you can
> argue effectively that pot, for example, should be legal but that coke,
> heroin, LSD, or STP (for examples) shouldn't be.

I can try! My point is that if all of the above is illegal because of
they're harmful, then alcohol (being the number two killer in the US)
should also be illegal. Pot isn't even ON the list.

> >"Foxy Lady" is just sexist.
>
> Not unless you're going to claim that a woman couldn't write an equally
> intense song about how sexually attractive she finds a particular man.

Carolyn:

Hear hear! If we're not careful, we're going to "PC" ourselves out
expressing of any intense feelings. Which is unhealthy.
People are just too damned easily offended these days, and take everything
too personally!

> It was not.  "Sexual relations" is a synonym for "sexual intercourse",

Actually, he said "sexual relationship" so...even though I like the job
he's done and don't think he should be thrown out, I do believe he lied. I
just don't care, because it's what 99% of people would have done. It's what
Bob Dole would have done, and what Bob Barr (and at least 10 others we know
of) DID!
Now if he'd lied about selling arms to the Contras (Reagan) or funding
cocaine smuggling into the US (Bush), that would be different.

> Forget the cigar industry.  I'll bet there are more people comfortably
> experimenting with oral sex today because of this guy!

Joe:

I don't know about that, but I'll bet more people are uncomfortably looking
over their shoulders today because of Ken Starr.