Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V6 #305

In defense of Roger, here's a couple of things to consider about The Who
live: the volume they played at forced Roger to push himself to be heard.
Also, as the lead singer, he sang the most every night (an obvious fact, but
often undervalued).  This is no easy task for anybody.  In one of my old
bands, I was the only singer.  I used to have to sing four entire sets when
we played.  There were some nights when that was very difficult.  But, as one
of my fellow musician's always says: "live singing is not about perfection,
it is about personality."  Communicating the song live is so much more
important that hitting every note just right.  In other forms of music this
may not be true.  In rock, however, feeling is essential.

Mike