RE: The Who Mailing List Digest V6 #305

> When they announced their "Farewell" tour in
> 1982, my parents thought that I was too young to go to a Who show (or any
> concert for that matter!)  So I spent the rest of my teen years convinced
> that I would never see my favorite band in concert.  All of that changed
> in
> 1989 for "The Who on Ice" tour.
	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  Wow, good to see I wasn't the only one in this
boat.  For crying out loud (almost) I was a friggin' Junior in High-School!
My parents would live to regret that decision for a long time to come, and
in so many many different ways and levels.

> love the sarcastic classic Pete look and sound when he sings
> > the line "and later had a naaaap" at Monterey Pop Festival.
> I've seen this & I'm glad to finally be able to speak to someone about it
> !  Man, does
> Pete give a nasty-ass sneer in that shot !  Total despisal !  He's
> probably thinking,
> "You American fucks don't know what's coming up soon !  We'll show you
> Peace &
> Love:  buried under broken amps, broken guitars, broken drums, & obscured
> by our
> smoke bombs !"
	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  Ahhh, and punk is born!!  I love the look that
Keith has off of the IOW video (aka 'Holy Grail') when the intro to 'Don't
even know myself' begins.  You can just read how at one moment he's kind of
distracted, having fun jawing with someone, then suddenly realizes what song
is about to begin. He raises his hands infront of his face and then explodes
on his drums!!  You can almost hear him think 'oh right, I love this fuckin'
song, it jams, I'M PSYCHED, I'M GOING TO CRUSH MY DRUMS!!!!!!' .
Nothing but goodness.    Were those guys having fun or what!!??

> > 	#1) Naked Eye -
> Yes, Yes Yes !  This one WILL be on MY list (not telling you where yet).
> This has
> always been one of my favorites
	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  It all looks fine, TO the naked eye, but it
dooon't really happen that way at all, no-no-NO.........Don't happen that
way at all..........  :)
	Stay in Tune,
	Kevin in VT.