Re: Three songs, One moment, and a few burning questions

> Here's my 3 favorite WHO songs........I think.

Scott:

Oh boy...well, here goes:

Pure And Easy: my favorite from the time I heard the demo. If you don't
know why, you need to listen to it more.

I'm Free: bursting with energy, and such a pure statement...plus one of my
all-time favorite lines "If I told you what it takes..."

Rael: just love it; what can I tell you?

Most memorable moment (and sorry for those who have read this a zillion
times before, I'll keep it short): Greensboro, 11/75, my first time...the
stage is dark, and a spotlight suddenly captures PT in midair. He hits the
stage and the first chord of I Can't Explain at the same moment. The lights
come up, showing John and Keith going at their instruments like savage wild
animals, Daltrey comes running out from the back like he's not going to
stop at the edge of the stage, he sings the first part, throws the mike
straight up, turns to Keith and says something, turns back and catches the
mike without looking up, to sing the next part...
20 seconds into the concert and I was already blown away.

> I have heard that only Best Buy will be carrying the 2 CD Live at the
BBC?
> Is this true, or am I just making this up?

Greg:

Reportedly, you will only be able to get the two disc version at BB. The
single disc version will be available everywhere...same as the PT live CD
(although I never checked).

> pieces. The release date has been moved beyond the
> Millennium Celebrations to give all of us here at Eel Pie
> a quieter Holiday Season, and to allow us to
> concentrate on the forthcoming Who shows at
> Shepherd's Bush Empire. We are now synchronising the
> release date with a special LIFEHOUSE event Pete
> Townshend is presenting at Sadlers Wells Theatre on
> 24/25/26 February.

Keets:

I read this today and planned to post about it...I'm pissed! The
Largo/Philly King Biscuit show has been put on hold indefinitely, the BBC
set has been bounced back and back and back for over a year now, and then
this. What, is Feb. a magic month or something (aside from the obvious of
being the month I was born)? The BBC set is supposed to come out the 21st,
as I recall...who here believes they will release both within a week of
each other? Yeah, RIGHT! Which will get bounced back (again), or is it to
be both? Why does every post-Who release get endlessly delayed or scrubbed?
While in the meantime every Stones CD pops forth like a third world baby,
right on schedule!
Burning questions in the minds of today's teenagers...
I'm pretty annoyed about this! Are the Eel Pie people getting a two month
holiday (and if so, are they hiring) or what? I'D JUST LIKE A LITTLE WHO
FOR (close to) CHRISTMAS, OKAY? Throw me a fricking bone here (sorry,
couldn't resist)!

Oh, yeah, and Happy Effing Christmas and Baba O' Booey to you all.

> There will be copies of the CD
> package available for sale at the theatre on Thursday

Suuuurrre there will...the Tooth Fairy will be selling them at her booth.
That's the Bermuda Triangle show you're talking about, right?

       Cheers                  ML

If you own a CD player, you need to check out our website:

http://www.generations.theshoppe.com/