RE: Your assignment, should you choose to accept it..

Hi,

Well my number one is definitely Wont Get Fooled Again. But not the
studio version but the one they played at Rockpalast in 1981. The climax
of the song with the lasers and the "Big Bang" of light was the moment I
fell in love with The Who, 13 years of age. From that evening I still
can remember that my parents and some friends of theirs gathered around
the TV saying to me : "this is The Who, they're great, they smash up the
gear". During the show I quite often thought:" Why the h... is that long
nosed guy jumping in this ridiculous way around the stage. What's the
use. That became clear after the show. The show was a perfect example of
The Who's magic. I still watch this show about 5 -10 times a year and it
still strikes me that tension is building up to the climax(WGFA), just
by the order the songs are played. If you look at the audience after
WGFA they certainly look a *bit* more interested than before the song
(which is a shame).
My parents did often regret allowing me to watch this show. I think they
heard WGFA more than a thousand times the following three years.

Number two. Music must change. From  The Max.R&B video. Pete was totally
out of it during that song, and I love the raw energy put in by him. I
also like the studio version of that song at lot, because of the jazzy
feeling.

Join together/roadrunner/my generation blues. from The Kids Are Alright.

A great wall of sound + the fact that on live recordings Johns bass is
definitely better captured than on the studio albums.

But I must admit that my favorite songs vary by the week(except for
WGFA).

Lars