favorite live who moments

Nice thread.  It really got the wheels of thought turning.  Let me preface
this by saying that I am 30 years old, therefore just a little too young to
remember the Keith Moon years.  When they announced their "Farewell" tour in
1982, my parents thought that I was too young to go to a Who show (or any
concert for that matter!)  So I spent the rest of my teen years convinced
that I would never see my favorite band in concert.  All of that changed in
1989 for "The Who on Ice" tour.  I waited in line for 14 hours for tickets
to the Veteran's stadium show on July 9th.  This was only two days after my
other favorite band played Philadelphia-The Grateful Dead.

What I am trying to say is that the favorite Who moment occurred on July 9,
1989, when The Who took the stage to the opening chords to "Tommy."  Years
of yearning to see The Who were over.  The excitement of experiencing them
live for the first time was beyond anything I could put into words.  They
played for almost 4 hours that night, and when it was all over, I was
completely exhausted.  I couldn't have asked them for anything more.

I experienced a similar moment when they took the stage on 7/18/96 at
Madison Square Garden.  The roar from the crowd as they started "I Am the
Sea>The Real Me" was deafening.  The energy never let up.  Not for one
second!

-Joe Stralo