Re: roadrunner

Well, I don't know I always fellt like The Who sound very good together. I
mean, John is an exceptional bassist, Keith was one of the best drummers
ever, Pete's guitar is glorious and Roger's voice fits perfectly with
everything. Actually, that's one of the reasons I started liking The Who in
the first place: they played their instruments so well, they were able to do
things that many others couldn't. Like someone else said here: "no-one can
live up to the Who's version of the song". He was talking about Baba
O'Riley, but I think it goes for every song I heard...
ilya

It's old, and that's a boogie beat--it sort of predates rock.  Ever hear Bo
Diddley do it?  They've Whoified it quite a bit. Normally I don't notice
that the band actually played together--it's three  solos instead that add
up to this grand noise.  John sort of thunders along  underneath with the
beat and the melody while Pete and Keith do their thing.    But in this case
they've really got it together.  Keith is actually on the  beat, John is
actually playing bass, and Pete does this fantastic embroidery on top of it.
The voices and the timing are dead on, too.  There's a blind instinct that
takes hold of you and carries you along with them.  Even  watching the video
I can feel how it must have been to stand on the stage  that night.
 keets

I'm not sure of the reasons behind roadrunner but it just doesn't sound
"Who" to me...the riff sounds like good 'ol boy rock to me...but it could be
one of those songs that i will end up loving...