Re: Pete's Message

Oops, I sent this in private mail when I intended it for the list:

In article <000001bf3d6d$354e0b60$c236b2d1@hs.earthlink.net>,
    "B.W. Radley" <bwradley@earthlink.net>  writes:

> Pete's message was the most beautiful thing he has written in years.  It
> moved me to tears. . . tears of joy!

In line we were talking about how the best way to know an Artist is to
know their Art.  All of us in line there really feel like we know Pete
personally as a friend and as a person because Pete's personality
really does come through in his art.  His songs can be passionate,
and intellectual at the same time, sort of how I imagine a
conversation with him would be.  Yeah, he can write "teenage wasteland"
which any bong-hitting beavis & butthead type can go along with, but
if you listen to the words and the larger context of Lifehouse it
really is something on a different level than just head-banging.
Pete's music strikes me like a great film: you discover new meanings
and nuances with every exposure to it.
--
<http://www.xmission.com/~legalize/>	Legalize Adulthood!
    ``Ain't it funny that they all fire the pistol,