Re MBBB

 Mark and others, I had always assumed that "direct Hits" in Britain
anyway was generally available in other countries.eg. The US. I have the
same album from Europe but it's called "Portrait of The Who" and this
album apparently was released under different names in differnt places!
How it never got released in the States is amazing. Not even as an
Import? Although Direct Hits lacks the early major singles of The Who's
career, I can't Explain,My Generation,AAA,The Kids are Alright, it did
contain,Substitute,Pictures of Lily,Happy Jack, I'm A Boy, and I can See
for Miles. Tis was released in November 1968.  Also The Who sings My
generation was released in 1966 in The US which did have The kids are
Alright on it and of course My generation. I agree  that MBBB is and was
a much better sort of early Greatest Hits but never did I realise that
you American fans were apparently so Who Starved of their records! I see
you were not too happy with Pete's use of the drum machine. What about
the fact that they have been using Teleprompters for some time now! Sorry
but i almost laughed the first time I saw Roger singing off the monitor!
Oh well---. Regards, Derick.

Derick Bhupsingh
d056071c@dc.seflin.org