Re: Jethro Tull & Nuggets

On 10/04/98 09:49:42 you wrote:

>The other suggestion I wanted to make is about Rhino records recent
>release called NUGGETS. It's a four disc collection of US Rock, from the
>post British Invasion-influenced stuff to the Psychedelic, and it's well
>worth having. There's a sprinkling of fairly well known songs, like I
>Had Too Much To Dream Last Night and Journey To The Center Of Your Mind,
>and many more gems I never knew existed. Some songs I hadn't heard since
>1966. For instance: Beg Borrow & Steal by the Rare Breed, which will
>make you swear it's Louie Louie for the first few moments. It has
>Respect by The Vagrants...which is Leslie West (later of Mountain and
>the NYC WHO'S NEXT sessions) and his brother (!).
>Any Rock fan worth their salt should own this set. Apart from collecting
>a LOT of songs you just can't get elsewhere, it gives you the best of
>the forgotten US Rock one-hit-wonders from this period. Strongly
>recommended. If you like the afore-mentioned songs, you'll love it. The
>sound quality (as is usual with Rhino) has the highs perhaps a touch too
>strong, but with this material it works.

I too picked this up and love it.  There was a good review of it in the Moon
Mojo issue that got my attention.  In the following week just about every magazine
was giving it rave reviews.  A great collecton (the original LP made Rolling Stone's
all-time top 200) of one-hit and no-hit wonders.  If you like early-Who you
will like this one.

Bruce