Re: Three Generations & MBBB

On 10/04/98 09:31:58 you wrote:
>Bruce:
>
>Alright, so now I'm wondering if the one you and Carolyn have is better
>sounding than the mono one *I* have. So why don't we compare "run off"
>numbers? I assume the code under the new one is the same as the old one?
>Anyway, my runoff numbers (for the true mono version) are as follows:
>
>MCAD-31330-3-1T (followed by a smaller and stamped rather than etched)
>25

My fake stereo is:                  true mono is:
MCAD-31330-1T small stamped 23      MCAD31330 A60603Bb  MFG BY UNT (opposite on same side)

Hmmm?  BTW, the CD is still in print.  I see at the stores around town
and the new one I bought Saturday was sealed.  I obviously checked the
bar code before I bought it.

>Can you tell me this: how does it compare to the Virgin vinyl version
>(said to be the best)? I was about to make a CDr copy of it, but maybe I
>shouldn't bother?

The CD is louder with more bass.  The Virgin LP was made with inferior
vinyl that goes bad after several plays says Ed hanel in his discography.
Mine hasn't but I don't play it much since I have the original Brunswick
and Decca (mono) albums.

Bruce