Who firsts

Hello all!

Well, some of you have wanted a new topic, so here you go...Every time I argue with someone about how influential The Who were, I use the same firsts.  They were the first to use lasers on stage, Townshend was the first to actually want and use feedback, etc.  Well, I need more firsts and since there is a hell of a lot of knowledge in this digest, I figured I'd ask everyone to talk about Who firsts.  So, please, be my guest...

Chuck
P.S.  I know it doesn't count as Chicago, but I'm from Champaign, IL