Re: Who firsts

Chuck, re:  I need more firsts and since there is a hell of a lot of
knowledge in this digest, I figured I'd ask everyone to talk about Who
firsts.  So, please, be my guest...

At the time of the 1982 farewell tour, a lot was made of the fact that the
Who were the first major band to do a live international satellite tv
broadcast of their "final" show from Toronto. It was shown on PPV in the US
and free in Toronto. It could be argued that this was the pioneer show that
led to, among other things, the Live Aid broadcast a few years later.

Jim