New Who book

'ello,

I got a letter today from John Atkins who wanted me to pass along info
about a book he is the process of finishing about The Who.  The book
tentatively titled "The Who on Record: A Critical Guide To Their Recorded
Works 1963-1992" will be published by McFarland & Company.  As many of you
know, this is the same publisher that put out "The Who In Print" book a few
years ago.  As the title suggests this will not be a simple discography but
a intense study of the music itself rather than concentrating on the media
that contains it.  The book is strictly a "Who thing, and very much a Who
with Moon thing", no solo stuff will be covered.  This would be too much of
a tangent as there are many more solo albums than group albums.  There is
no publication date yet, but it is hoped to be out before the end of the year.

For those wondering about John's unpublished manuscript on Lifehouse it will
be incorporated into the book.  The original idea was to do a book on this
subject only, but problems occurred with getting permission to use copyrighted
material.  According to John, "This now forms chapter six of my book.  In many
ways it is better for being a bit shorter, with all the indulgent shit left out". :)

Bruce