RE_-Face Dances

   Hi Evryone, Hope you all had a nice holiday. Mark, I do somewhat tend
to agree with you when you say that Pete  lost his guitar but trouble is,
I think that on most of his recorded work, that appears to be the case too.
His guitar has never been recorded in an albeit "up front" manner or an
obvious or leading role. On most Who records you have to listen quite hard
or at least thru a pair of headphones or turn the the thing up real loud
to really enjoy Pete's playing. There are a few exceptions WHO" NEXT and
some early singles and now IOW but I for one can never quite understand
why his guitar sound was so "buried". Mind you, I think most records the
band put out were not Pete's best writing or hastily put togerther. After
Keith's death that is. Also at or about the time of writing Face Dances was
Pete supposedly not into his New Romantics /Artsy kind of phase and was
heavily influenced by these sort of people? Did that era not eventually
lead up to him almost losing his life in that Overdose of drugs? With all
that going on around him and troubles with his Business and finance etc..
No wonder FD was such a weak album. He probably could not concentrate much.
I had a friend who had in fact posed with The Who around that time for a
possible album cover(long since rejected) and he told me  a little of the
picture taking sessions...He said that Pete would often behave like Keith
not co operate much, fool around a bit,screw up a take etc..Almost did not
know what day it was,sometimes. It's no surprise to me that FD and in
fact
It's Hard which I consider equally as dissapointing or worse was so bad.
And yes Who's Last was or should have been a lot better or at least confine
it to one good gig from the tour.  Regards and Happy new Year,  Derick.

Derick Bhupsingh
d056071c@dc.seflin.org