Getting myself in trouble again...

> I'm thinking today The Who's influence has gone beyond a few covers.

Keets:

I know I'm probably getting myself in trouble again, but I continue to
maintain The Who were the most influencial band so far...apart from
inventing Rock music from Rock N Roll, the great majority of Rock bands who
have come after show their influence...from obvious stuff like Hendrix and
Zeppelin to those harder to show but still with an argument to be made for,
like Yes and U2.
All influence is not equal, of course. Some bands have taken more than
others, however if for no other reason than they have done music beyond the
formula Chuck Berry/Blues thing which was the norm pre-My Generation, they
show influence from you-know-Who. Kenny Wayne, you say? How about Stevie
Ray Vaughan (who certainly influenced KWS) being influenced by Hendrix who
was influenced by Pete Townshend's use of controlled feedback...
See? Pretty much all roads lead to The Who. Ask yourself if today's new
Rock sounds more like The Who or The Beatles, or The Who or Stones...then
you'll know who was most influencial!
You know, I'll bet we could make one of those 6 points of seperation games
for The Who if we tried.