Re: Pete on Letterman

At 05:22 PM 8/21/98 -0500, Yellow "With a watchdog on a chain" Ledbetter
wrote:

>Point taken.  It was in rather poor taste to go on television and
>make snide remarks about your former bandmate's current project, but
>this IS Pete we're talking about.

The weird thing is that after 25 years of reading Pete and Roger's remarks
where they slam the hell out of each other for everything the other does or
says, I thought Pete showed remarkable restraint on Letterman.  Pete's been
on record before (during the 1994 Daltrey sings Townshend tour) that he
hates Roger doing his songs with an orchestra, so not just coming out and
saying that seems to me to be
a step forward in the quality of their relationship, not backwards.

				-Brian in Atlanta