Fwd: Rog in Los Angeles

-- BEGIN included message

Hey all-  Tonight the first time I saw any Who meember live, and I must say
most of it was quite impressive.
First, I'll tell you about the show~
        Roger's first number was 'Street Fightin' Man', and I think he did
pretty well.  '5.15' and 'You Better You Bet' obviously kicked ass, though
my mother was weary of the profanity.  Fast forward a little, and Roger did
'Love Reign O'er Me' (extraordinary!), and followed it up with 'Whiter
Shade of Pale' which he said the high notes would be hard after 'Love...'
He proceeded to  completely miss one of the high notes in the chorus and
make a rather cute face at the audience.  Then during an instumental break
he drank some water, and poured the remainder on his head.  He said it had
something to do with 'the pisces in me.'  Many people in the audience
requested (rudely screamed , rather) 'Naked Eye.'  So he played the intro.,
stopped to tune, and left us in suspense for several minutes.  Then he sang
the whole song rather beautifully.  When people screamed for 'Magic Bus' he
insisted that it was a boring song to sing.  All in all, he was wonderful.

*Now, if you're not interested in my experiences and opinions, don't  waste
your time reading this.*
~After casing the joint, I realized that there wasn't a snow cone's chance
in hell that I'd be able to hand Roger the note I'd written him, with an
article on the Who & classic rock that I'd written for my school's
newspaper.  During intermission I noticed one of the back up singers- I
belive her name is Monica- walking through the aisle.  So I quickly
approached her, complimented her singing, and asked her if she knew 'Mr.
Daltrey'  She said yes, so I asked her to give him my note.  I just hope he
gets it.

~Useless Info-
There was a blonde chick in the show who pretty reminded by brother and
myself of a combination of Bonnie Raitt and Axl Rose- on steriods.

~SAMANTHA

-- END included message