Re: Tommy

At 21:53 -0700 8/6/98, The Who Mailing List Digest wrote:
>Date: Thu, 6 Aug 1998 00:49:49 -0400 (EDT)
>From: cv660@freenet.carleton.ca (Laurie Rae)
>
>I would like to know which came first. The movie or the musical.

The movie, by 19 years.  Came out in 1974.

>Was there a book?

There is a book about the making of the movie called, I believe, "The
Making of Tommmy" (correct me if I'm wrong, my books are packed).  There is
also a book about the stage version, giving the whole script and lots of
other info.  There is no book version of "Tommy" as such.

Alan
Be sure to read _McKendree: A Burning Novel of Murder and Revenge_
by Douglas Hirt, ISBN 0-8439-4184-7  (available at www.amazon.com)