Re: Tidbit about Moon's drumming style

From:	Alan McKendree, INTERNET:amck@thenetdr.com

>From: Brad Goldman <brad@jimmy.harvard.edu>
>
>Keith couldn't do anything well in 3/4 or 6/8 time... that's why MMC
>doesn't have drumming.

Alan McKendree's reply
<<
I've heard this more than once, but it raises a question:  Naked Eye shif=
ts
from 4/4 to 6/8 halfway through and I've never heard, either in listening=

to it myself or in fans' remarks, that Keith had any problem with that; o=
the contrary, it was a live showpiece for years.  So what's the deal?

I remember an interview with Pete regarding this subject but =

I can't quote scriptures at this time due to work but the
essence was that KM was much declined and ill by then due to
his alcoholism that he was unable to handle the 6/8 time required.
Pete finished by saying that it was he who actually added the
percussion by recorded footsteps and the such.

Kathleen