1921

I am a newcomer to the world of The Who, as I am only 16 years old.

Can anybody tell me why in Tommy (in which the stage production I saw was set
from the 1940's through to the 1960's) is "21 gonna be a good year". I could
understand this if it was set after the 1st world war (like it says on the
symphonic Tommy album), but that would mean that Tommy would be 10 in 1931,
and as far as I am aware, pinball was not around then. I am baffled.

Cheers