Re: Rough Boys

Sughosh Varadarajan writes:
>        I think there was some talk about Pete's sexual preferences in the
> last digest,and somebody said that the songs "Rough Boys" and "And I moved"
> on the "Empty Glass" album suggest homosexuality.Well,I happen to have the
> LP of "Empty Glass", and it says 'Rough Boys is for my two daughters'.
>       I wonder if he would dedicate a song about his homosexuality to his
> daughters.

I think if you go back and check the LP liner (or it might be on the back),
you'll find that "Rough Boys" is dedicated to the Sex Pistols (Sid Viscious,
Johnny Rotten, et. al).  They were one of the leaders of the late 70s punk
revival.  The album or some other song might have been dedicated to his
daughters, but I'll have to go back and look at my LP.

A couple of members of the Sex Pistols also figured prominently in the song
"Who Are You".  They were the ones to whom Pete was "preaching from my
chair".

Dave Elliott