Re: Lifehouse

In article <33694686.2868@htp.net> ,
    Bill Lukas <drjimmy@htp.net>  writes:
> Lately I have been reading about Pete's project called
> Lifehouse. My question to you guys is was it ever released? if not why
> not? will it ever be? If it was released how was it and where can I get
> it.?

Most of it ended up being Who's Next.  All the songs on WN except My
Wife are part of the Lifehouse project.  Additional songs that are
part of Lifehouse that never made it onto Who's Next are: Relay,
Water, I Don't Know Myself, Join Together, Song Is Over and Mary.
(I might be forgetting one or two.)  Pete has also stated in an
interview that he thought 905 from Who Are You fit in with the
Lifehouse idea.  More recently, Pete has stated that he thinks that
Lifehouse is too big an idea to get over properly with just music, or
even with a movie.  Apparently after working on/helping with the Tommy
CD-ROM, he's more inclined to package Lifehouse as a CD-ROM interactive
experience.

If you think about the funamental idea behind Lifehouse (as I
understand it) -- the idea of the band and the audience becoming one
through the music -- it would make more sense as a CD-ROM because you
would truly be able to interact with the "band" one-on-one.  Pete's
original idea was to actually have people come up out of the audience
and play with the band (Join Together), but in any rock concert
setting I just don't think that would work very well.  Everyone goes
to a concert with a "party" attitude, which just isn't the kind of vibe
Pete was trying to get.
- --
  ``Between stimulus and response is the will to choose.''  -- Steven Covey
     3D Paint: The Power to Create in 3D;		Rich Thomson
     email me for more info				rthomson@ptc.com