Who memories.....(long)

I am getting ready to move into a new house, and yesterday I took down my Who
display in the den.  I have had at least a Who wall in every place I've lived
since I was in college and in my current house had four walls filled with my
memoribilia ( and I still had a bunch left over there wasn't room for).  It
was very nostalgic, as I really didn't notice what I had after seeing it
every day for nine years.  Its kinda self-indulgent, but I wanted to share
some of the experience and the things I found with the list.  Here goes:

- --The cocktail glass from the Hark Rock Cafe in Las Vegas that Roger drank
from (scotch and soda), the night a miracle occurred:  I got into John
Entwistle's 50th birthday party.  I have a picture of me with JAE that I can
upload if anyone cares....

- --The five lobhby cards from the movie "Tommy".  There are 8 in the set, but
I've never been able to find the other three.  I've always wondered what they
were...does anyone have a full set of these?  I also found the promo button
that pictures Elton John from the movie and says "Pinball Wizard".  I found
it at my grandmother's house!  Where she got it I'll never know.

- --The newspaper photo of Jack Murphy Stadium in San Diego taken at the '82
show there.  You can see me in the stands, if you use an electron microscope!

- --A framed "Rolling Stone" cover of the Who from 1978, picturing Keith Moon
but dated after his death.  I know its just the way magazines are dated in
advance, but it still bothers me for some reason.

- --A beautiful photo of Pete from the 1976 Oakland Stadium shows (w/ the
Dead).  I bought it from the photographer himself.  I love it, because I know
there aren't a lot of them around.

- --My legally issued Nevada license plate that read "THE WHO".  The rear one
got stolen in 1985, and I had never put this one on the car.  Because it was
a theft, the state will never reissue this plate.

- --The Rolling Stone cover with the saddest headline I'd ever read:  The Who
- -The End.

- --A compilation album from Uruguay.  All the song titles are in Spanish:
 Mary Anne Y Su Manos Temblorosa, Omnibus Magico,  Llamame Relampago!

Thanks for indulging me.  I've heard my "Who room" called many things:  The
Shrine, The Museum, The Obsession.  I don't care.  Its mine and it makes me
happy.  I love knowing there many people all over the US that have known me
over the years who can't hear a Who song without thinking of me.

John