Petelust?

I'm sorry, but as an insensitive male who wouldn't know an attractive
guy from Keith Richards, I am very confused as to all of these
desires to be with Pete in the next life. Of all the rock musicians,
even of all the Who members, why Pete? He's self-depreciating,
slightly neurotic, unfaithful, anti-social, pathetically needy,
short tempered, and decieving both to himself and everybody else. Of
course, he's one of the greatest musical minds of all times and a
master of expressive lyricism, he has a lot of deep thoughts and is
a wicked guitarist, but as an object of adoration? He objectifies and
disdains womankind. And when it comes to physical attributes,
I can't claim to understand the criteria, but Pete Townshend? Roger
Daltrey at least has his wild charisma, John Entwistle has a sort
of noble dignity about him, and Keith Moon at the very least had no
hideous deformities. (Not that a bald head and a hook nose are really
deformities, but still...)

Then again, I used to wonder about James Dean, until a friend of mine
explained that a lot of females like someone they have to take care of.
Is that it? Or is it a secret power he has that no one can understand?

Curious and befuddled,
- -Hart Deer
(deerdana@dekalb.dc.peachnet.edu)