Re: Led Zep + TOMMY

Calm down Andrew!! I think you misunderstood me (us). I'd never tried to
compare The Who with Led Zeppelin. I think like you do, that they are VERY
VERY different. I was not trying to say who's better either. Besides, I
didn't say that one of them improvises better, similar, or equal than the
other. I just said that both (The Who and Led Zeppelin) used to perform
great improvisations and solos in their concerts as in their LPs. But I
guess it's just due to a simple coincidence.
 I'll repeat my message for you (read it carefully again):

>Hi people!
>This is just my second participation on this list, and I like to get into
>the Brian and Martin discussion if they allow me (sorry if I bother).

>Martin O. Screech answer to Brian Cady's 15 Apr 97 mail Re: Sparks v. Sparks
>the following:
>>I can't think of
>>a contemporary band with the ability or balls (including the
>>contemporary
>>version of The Who) to just launch into a song and then see where it
>>takes
>>them (Zeppelin used to do the same thing). It explains the dullness of
>>most
>>recent live recordings.

>Brian replied:
>>Not only must a band be talented to do that, but they must also have been
>>together for a while.  By Leeds Pete and John had been playing together
>>for about 9 years and The Who for 6.  By then, they could read each
>>others' minds.

>I agree with Martin. Led Zeppelin (band I like much more than The Who) used
>to do that almost everytime (even at their L.P.s). Which I don't agree with
>is Brian's "...they must also have been together for a while." and "...for
>about 9 years..."; because Led Zeppelin started doing that stuff right from
>their beggining. Although Page and Jones did know each other, they were no
>friends; besides, Plant and Bonham were totally unknown for them. Even so,
>when they got together, things went just the way we know... and the rest is
>history.
>
>So: watching at the Led Zeppelin's facts, such as The Who's (I guess), and
>many other classic bands, I'm able to say that what make a band being so
>special (as this both), are not the balls, or the time they were together...
>it's nothing else, but M A G I C.

(EOM)

Andrew, sorry if I've bother you, I didn't mean it. But, aren't you a little
touchy? I hope you to understand this time.

Searching for a bazooca (just in case you don't)...

A.C.C.
acc1@impsat1.com.ar
male-19-Argentina-Bs.As.-Psychology Student
Don't Let Anarchy Be An Utopia