Girl group Can't explain?

In the cuurent Q magazine there is a section where readers can write in to
ask a question, and other readers are invited to write in if they know the
answer. In the current issue ( the same one with the PT interview) a reader
writes that he's sure a female group covered I Can't Explain in the late
60's or early 70's and that PT sang back-up vocals. I'm not aware of such
recording and wonder if the reader is confusing this alleged version with
the singers who sang back-up on the original studio recording of Can't
Explain. Any theories/ideas?..........Gary M.