WAY & IH

Gang,

I'll thrown my comments in on this.  I don't think that one is superior to
the other.  I don't care a whit about singles and charting.  To paraphrase
Fred Shruer from a review of a Who show in NYC in 79, the only trustworthy
reaction to the Who is a personal one.  Hell, my favorite Who songs are
typically the most obscure stuff (e.g., GLITTERING GIRL, CIRCLES).

WAY was an album done by a tired band.  Daltrey's vocals are very good, and
Entwistle was Entwistle (with some of his best Who songs).  Keith was doomed
and his playing certainly reflected that if the Who went on, he wouldn't have
been in it (was his death a suicide? I won't argue against that theory).
 Both IH and WAY are typical of post-WBN Who albums:  taking the good with
the bad.  They're both spotty records.  LOVE IS COMING DOWN is like a damn
dirge.  But WHY DID I FALL FOR THAT is simply silly.

Now, FACE DANCES is another matter entirely.

-Jim