Supper Club

>Before Pete came on, we were subjected to Bob Mould (it could have easily
been
>"Mud", "Mold", "Shit", "Piss" or...) Boy did he suck!!! What a waste of
f-king
>time! Everyone one of his piss-poor songs sounded the same. What we got
was
>this shaved head sweating dick, moaning into the mike, playing the guitar
hard
>for about 45 minutes. I was very happy to scream out, "YOU SUCK!" "BLOW
ME!"
>and "EAT MY SHIT!" as I considered this the WORST opening act I've ever
heard.
>He putzed around for about 45 mintues, before finally leaving...
Unfortunately,
>after he wasted our time, Bobby Pridden had to come out and "fix" things
again
>and about a half hour went by before Pete came out...

I was pretty close to the stage on the first night and was thoroughly
embarassed and disgusted by the incredibly rude behavior of certain
so-called Townshend "fans."  If you don't like the opening act -- Pete's
HAND-PICKED opening act -- just shut the fuck up and head over the the bar
for a while, or better yet, leave.   I don't know what it is that makes
certain people believe that when they've bought a ticket to a show, the
performance is for them and them only.  Well, it's not, and if you can't
enjoy yourself, you've got no right to ruin things for everyone else.
Personally, I think Bob was more than gracious in how he handled what had
to have been one of the least appreciative audiences since Newport '65.
Bob didn't need these gigs, he did them because Pete asked him to, but
apparently that just isn't enough for some people, who apparently feel that
Pete can't make such decisions without getting their own stamp of approval.

In contrast, the fans I met upstairs on the second night were the greatest.
 They were there for the music, not to fulfill some kind of self-indulgent
fantasy.   All I can say to these people is thanks, and your good deeds
will not go unrewarded.

David Olstein