Re: Townshend/Mould in NYC 5/3/96 (LONG)

bqm1808@is.nyu.edu wrote:

>He played a lot of tunes. They were all great. Overall, Pete's
>performance was energetic as hell, and I thoroughly enjoyed it

So, all of you in attendance tonight, IYHO, would it have been worth --> $179
round-trip airfare from flyover country, $180 scalping fee (or $50 if I had
acted quickly) - and for two shows, plus missing a day of work, missing my
father-in-law's b-day tomorrow, *and* missing a rather interesting bachelor
party tonight (I taped Conan)??????????? I spent the entire night wallowing
in regret and mentally tempting myself in a half-drunken stupor to hop a cab
to the airport and plead for leniency on a walk-on fare; then hoping WFang's
friends are pacing 47th st eager for a transaction (of the ticketing kind,
not the lascivious kind, you wankers) so I don't end up wallowing in my own
sorrow at the overpriced bar at Carmine's on 45th. Well? I still have
tomorrow to blow a paycheck...

Litgo