Re: Townshend/Mould in NYC 5/3/96 (LONG)

Brendon, re:

>I just realized while writing this up that my Sugar and Husker Du CDs
>are next to my Who and Pete Townshend CDs...coincidence or what?

Maybe strange forces are at work???

>>I may have left one out, but it was a short set. I got the feeling Mould
cut it short after hearing someone in front remark about paying $50 for his
ticket...

hMMM... I would have paid that guy $50 if he could have shorted Mold's set
further. Whatever that crap was that he played, it sounded like <Picard>. I
give you credit for coming up with his set list... I couldn't tell one song
from the next...

>>Mould was obviously pissed, and I can't blame him.

That's show business...

>>I think overall, Mould got a good response from the audience

Yeah, they were being polite. The same people who said, "this guy sucks",
were also clapping after each song. Probably hoping that each song was the
LAST song...

>>Sorry to sound elitist, but the hell with the rest of the crowd who didn't
get it.

Explain exactly what there was to "get"? A no-talented guy litterely moaning
into the mike, song after song that sounded the same??? If you want to judge
his "music" as noise and say Pete makes noise, you could compare the 2 in the
same "review". However, these 2 guys aren't even close. By your saying that
he was so good, makes me realize that you can't even begin to understand how
great Pete really is...

BTW, I don't study my terds before they are flushed. Perhaps you should spend
less time, studying "Mold"...

-wf