The WAY vs. IH Debate

There really is no resolution to this debate.  We could spend the rest of
our lives debating whether album A is better than album B, and we'd get
nowhere.  Me, I'll just PLAY the damn things and enjoy them for what they
are - fantastic tunes by the world's greatest rock 'n roll band.

As for the oft-lamented Kenney Jones - not only was his style poles apart
from Moon's, his temparement was different too.  The wild man was gone,
replaced by another quiet one, leaving PT and RD to take up the slack.  I
find Jones' work on FD and IH competent at worst, engaging at best.  I don't
think he said to himself "they're gonna be asking 'Keith who?' after they
listen to me!" because he knew it just couldn't be done.  So he took a crash
course in the Who canon, showed up, helped them cut two albums, tour (almost
non-stop from 79-82; when's the last time they'd done that with Moon?) and
then suffer the slings and barbs of PT, RD and JE?  A thankless job if you
ask me.  Give the man some credit.  After all, he was - from December '78 to
December '83 - one fourth of the band.

The situation was not helped by PT skimming the cream of the crop for his
solo albums (Empty Glass in particular).  How about a FD that looked like this:

1. You Better You Bet
2. Don't Let Go The Coat
3. Cache Cache
4. The Quiet One
5. Daily Records
6. You
7. Another Tricky Day
8. Rough Boys
9. I Am An Animal
10. Jools and Jim
11. Keep on Working
12. Empty Glass

(not necessarily in that order).

For what it's worth, IH might look like this if we included some of the
Chinese Eyes stuff:

1. Athena
2. It's Your Turn
3. It's Hard