Re: Stores with both Tommy's

I just read a post from someone that no longer likes the record store
they shop in because they both versions of Tommy. You're being too hard
on the store. The stickers that say "remastered" are put on by the label;
the store has nothing to do with that. The fact that they have both
versions means that the older copy has sat there for quite a while.
Obviously, when that one finally sells there will only be the newer
version stocked. Actually, you're lucky that they even stocked the new
one. Most stores would just think that they don't need another version
until they get rid of the old one. As for returning the old one, record
labels routinely only allow for 10% of purchases returned. Maybe they
should get rid of it, but I would bet that a good percentage of those
items returned are things they have overstocked way too many copies, like
Mickey Jackson's giant bomb.

Scott